Cinesite Montreal is recruiting an Assets Supervisor to join our VFX team. They will be in charge of ensuring that high quality models are delivered in a timely manner to other departments for all shows, and will supervise the Leads and artists in the asset teams, guiding and managing them as required.
- Supervise the team creating the modeling, texture, Lookdev, and look to deliver the expected and desired final models
- Review scope of work and assign tasks based on artist skills/abilities.
- Deliver briefs and set the quality standards for all work completed.
- Manage workflow to balance production schedule and employee resources.
- Attend and coordinate meetings with other departments.
- Review, QC and finalize all assets before submission.
- Provide recommendations/technical solutions to encountered problems.
- Communicate with the Leads and Producers to develop cost-effective bids.
- Utilize effective communication skills to receive and communicate client notes and feedback back to artists.
- Help the design and progression of Cinesite’s Asset Management pipeline by working closely with the artists and the Pipeline team.
- Mentor and guide artists to ensure that high quality work is delivered to the client.
- Participate in the performance management process such as performance reviews, daily feedback.
We’d like to talk to you if you have the following:
- 5-7 years of feature film/TV production experience
- Previous experience as a Lead or Supervisor
- A strong combined technical and creative background
- Extensive knowledge of computer animation packages – Maya, Mudbox, Zbrush, Mari, Photoshop
- Knowledge of Nuke and Arnold Renderer is an asset
- Experience with programming/scripting languages (such as python, C++, etc.) is an asset
- Experience with photogrammetry is a plus
- Basic understanding of color pipelines
- Ability to complete bids; determine the timeframe and scope required for each project
- Ability to troubleshoot and deal with competing priorities
- Capable of managing a team of artists; setting expectations, and managing their time
- Excellent eye for detail and quality control
- Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate others
- Excellent communication skills
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, cutting-edge, award-winning work.
We work as a collective, where excellence, expertise and expression are valued by all; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work to which we are proud to put our name.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If your application is not retained for this position, it will stay on file for future opportunities.APPLY