Cinesite Montreal is looking for a Facial Blendshape Artist for a team focused on creating multiple 3D Animated features. The ideal candidate must collaborate with the Lead to create high quality facial blendshapes that will meet animation needs. The candidate must be self-reliant and have a good knowledge in anatomy.
- Work closely with the Animation and Rigging Leads to create and maintain flexible facial blendshapes
- Review models and flag potential problems to the supervisors
- Work closely with modelling to create a model that meets the rigging technical requirements
- Collaborates in the character design process to ensure that the rigs will allow the characters to have the look and the complete range of motion required for the project
- Create tools and scripts to help rigging be more efficient
- Track tasks and meet production deadlines
We’d like to talk to you if you have:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in film or television, with an emphasis on facial blendshapes
- Good understanding of facial deformation
- Good knowledge of Maya
- Good knowledge of animation needs
- Ability to cope with the pressure of deadlines
- Must have knowledge in anatomy, volume preservation and motion
- Strong communication skills
- Basic knowledge of Python is an asset
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, cutting-edge, award-winning work.
We work as a collective, where excellence, expertise and expression are valued by all; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work to which we are proud to put our name.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If your application is not retained for this position, it will stay on file for future opportunities.APPLY