Cinesite Montreal is recruiting a Senior Crowd Artist to oversee the work of our Feature Animation and VFX teams while providing technical and artistic leadership. The ideal candidate should be highly organized and motivated, with the desire to work within a fast-paced team of highly-skilled and experienced artists.
- Work with Golaem Crowd extensively within the production pipeline.
- Lead a team of Artists from different departments to get all elements needed for a show production’s crowd requirements from creation to deployment.
- Find creative solutions by drawing on your own talents and those of your team.
- Assist in training of other department members on the software.
- Work with Animation/Rigging/Assets Leads on requirements that are needed.
- Directly working with the Development and Pipeline team to streamline the Crowd process within the pipeline requirements.
We’d like to talk to you if you have the following:
- Excellent knowledge of Golaem/Maya.
- Strong understanding of character animation and rigging.
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to supervise a team of artists.
- Strong problem-solving skills including the ability to troubleshoot pipeline issues and the capacity to resolve shot-specific technical challenges independently.
- Solid understanding of the requirements of other areas of elements from modeling and lighting.
- Programming skills with Mel and Python (required).
- Previous film industry experience (required).
- Good working knowledge of VRay and Arnold.
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, cutting-edge, award-winning work.
We work as a collective, where excellence, expertise and expression are valued by all; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work to which we are proud to put our name.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If your application is not retained for this position, it will stay on file for future opportunities.APPLY