The Role: You will be working with the Lead Texturing Artist to ensure that assets maintain the design style of the film, and create a world that will resonate with the audience. Creating high quality stylised textures for digital assets from supplied reference material and/or concept artwork. Work closely with the modelling team to ensure UV’s are positioned and scaled efficiently.
We’d like to talk to you if you have:
- Strong creative skills and a thorough understanding of the techniques required to generate texture images to both interpret designs and accurately match reference material
- Excellent Photoshop and Mari skills, and a good understanding of 3D sculpture and paint packages
- Previous experience creating textures for stylised characters, organic and hard surface digital models
- A strong understanding of image colour space relating to texture painting
- Excellent Maya skills and the ability to apply and manage UV’s
- Excellent understanding of the feature animation pipeline from modelling through rigging, animation and rendering
- The ability to work well in a team and solve asset specific issues independently
- Experience with sculpting packages
- Basic modelling skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organisational skills and a methodical approach
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, world leading, award winning work.
We work as a collective, where everyone values excellence, expertise and expression; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work that we are all proud to put our name to.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly, if it is not retained for this position it will stay on file for future opportunities.APPLY