Cinesite Vancouver is looking for a runner to join our team! This position is pivotal to keeping our studio making amazing shows. Whether you want to be an artist, work in production management or you simply love animation, this is a solid opportunity to take a first step into the dynamic world of animation production.
Our runners support the facilities team to make sure the studio is operating effectively, from ensuring the studio is fully stocked to supporting with administrative tasks.
We are looking for someone who is as passionate about animation as we are and can thrive in a fast paced, adaptable studio; from supporting high profile entertainment industry personalities one minute to organizing events the next. Did we mention you need to be adaptable to succeed in this role? Oh, we did? Well, we’ll say it again: success in this role hinges on adaptability.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Routine tasks to keep the studio running
- General support for the wider team e.g. reception coverage, organizing workstations and helping out the IT department
- Point of contact for building management and general upkeep of building, ensuring communal and work spaces are kept tidy
- Keep supplies stocked while always keeping an eye on budget
- Proactively seek out improvements throughout the studio
Required Skills & Experience:
- A positive attitude, willing to adapt to change and a team outlook (Ha! We said it again.)
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Initiative to seek out continuous improvements of processes, cost-reduction and best practices
- Must be able to engage in light lifting (under 50 pounds) and physical exertion necessary to carry out the general tasks
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills with all levels
- Will need to have valid Driver’s License (Class 5) and own vehicle – parking is included
P.S. Our studio is built on respect and inclusion – it is a safe place for all to come to work. No jerks allowed! That includes respecting and accepting individual differences and preferences, creating equality and equity in our practices, and including everyone to create a sense of belonging. We are a work in progress and are always striving to improve.APPLY