Cinesite Vancouver is currently seeking Assistant Technical Directors to join our Pipeline team!
This is a great opportunity to explore the possibilities of an animation pipeline and understand the backbone that keeps the studio running. You will be working closely with our pipeline teams in Vancouver and Montreal in order to effectively work together to help create The Addams Family!
If you are someone who enjoys technical problem solving, working as part of a team and exploring the possibilities of a pipeline role, apply now!
Reports to: Pipeline Supervisor and Asset Supervisors
Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Monitor and maintain tickets for asset transfers requests and deliveries between studios
- Notify production management and artist about new requests and deliveries
- Upload and download digital data between studios using a variety of secure data transfer methodologies.
- Run scripts to import convert and publish assets
- Work with TDs and artists to troubleshoot asset deliveries
Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Good working knowledge of Linux (command line)
- Some knowledge of CG animation and related processes
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexible nature, able to adapt to changing production requirements
- Experience working with Maya (xGen, grooming tools preferred) and/or Katana.
- Experience troubleshooting technical problems
- Previous work experience in Visual Effects, Games or another related industry is preferred
P.S. Our studio is built on respect and inclusion – it is a safe place for all to come to work. No jerks allowed! That includes respecting and accepting individual differences and preferences, creating equality and equity in our practices, and including everyone to create a sense of belonging. We are a work in progress and are always striving to improve.APPLY