Cinesite Vancouver is looking for a Shot Finaler to join us on our animated feature, The Addams Family!
There are multiple opportunities available as we’re in the midst of building up our Shot Finaling team. If you are someone who has amazing attention to detail, finds satisfaction in the fine tuning of things, and is looking to get your foot in the door this is the job for you OR if you’re someone who has a few years of experience and is ready to guide and mentor a team we have a job for you too!
The Shot Finaler works within our Animation department and ensures shots are clean and ready to go before they move through the pipeline. This is an amazing opportunity to learn the full scope of the pipeline as you get to interact with other departments. Help us make the Addams family look the best they can before they appear on the big screen!
- Assist with the quality check process of shots moving through the pipeline
- Assess and repair animated assets so that they meet the creative and technical requirements for downstream departments (i.e. floating, crashing, pops, abnormal deformation, jitters, etc)
- Provide in-shot solutions for creative and technical requirements outside of rig (i.e. custom environment deformations, character deformations, etc.)
- Collaborate with other departments to resolve technical problems
- Address notes and feedback in a timely manner
- Flag repeat fix requirements and propose solutions
- Document work performed on each shot
Experience, Skills & Abilites:
- Efficient and detail oriented
- Expert knowledge in using Maya is required
- Depending on the level of the role, 2+ years of production experience interacting with a feature pipeline
- Solid understanding of downstream dependencies in Nuke, Katana, Houdini and Renderman/Arnold
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely. Shares information and ideas with others.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to work collaboratively under pressure
- Experience with Shotgun an asset
- Degree in fine arts, computer science or equivalent experience an asset
P.S. Our studio/company is built on respect and inclusion – it is a safe place for all to come to work. No jerks allowed!
P.P.S. Did you hear that Cinesite just partnered with Trixter which will lead to an acquisition? Trixter is a leading German studio that has provided VFX for some very cool films. Go check them out here https://www.trixter.de/APPLY