Cinesite Montreal is seeking an Animator to join our VFX Animation team. The ideal candidate should be motivated and well-organized, with the desire to work within a fast-paced team of highly-skilled and experienced artists.
- In collaboration with the Lead Animator, CG and VFX supervisors, produce high quality photorealistic animation sequences while respecting the style and rhythm/ pace? of the film.
- Animate characters, objects and scenery to create compelling and inspiring film moments.
- Work closely with the Lead Animator, CG and VFX supervisors and the production team to properly interpret and implement creative concepts and client ratings (Producers and Film Directors) given during the review sessions (dailies).
- Work closely with the modeling, rigging and 3D lighting departments to fix any technical issues.
- Work with production to find solutions that meet creative needs, but that maximize the value of production, including the re-use of resources.
- Work within an established pipeline (based on Maya) and adhere to the protocols.
- Submit your plans with notes or comments within the requested time and process.
- Be able to report and resolve delays or potential issues that may affect budget and schedule compliance.
- Continuous training on 3D animation techniques, software and related technologies.
We would like to talk to you if you have / are:
- Experience as a 3D Animator (VFX, film and / or television, video games, etc.).
- Diploma in professional studies in animation, arts or the equivalent (an asset).
- Strong knowledge and command of animation principles; must demonstrate the ability to analyze organic movement and have a good understanding of the actual weight.
- Be able to work well in a team environment and follow the lead of Lead Animator and VFX supervisors as appropriate.
- Drawing skills and / or traditional animation skills are an asset.
- Knowledge of anatomy, basic principles in physics, composition of plans.
- Thorough understanding of the techniques needed to animate characters that blend well with dubbing and the intention of the stage.
- Strong command of Maya software, and a good understanding of the best way to use libraries.
- Ability to work within an established pipeline and learn to use customized tools.
- A thorough understanding of the feature film pipeline; from rigging to animation and rendering.
- Ability to solve specific plan problems independently.
- Have a basic knowledge of rigging
- Experience in the film industry is preferable.
- Organized and methodical.
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, cutting-edge, award-winning work.
We work as a collective, where excellence, expertise and expression are valued by all; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work to which we are proud to put our name.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If your application is not retained for this position, it will stay on file for future opportunities.