Reporting directly to the VFX Supervisors, the Asset Supervisor is in charge of ensuring that high quality models are delivered in a timely manner to other departments for all shows. They supervise the Leads and artists in the asset teams, guiding and managing them as required.
- Manage, support and supervise all aspects of asset creation, including: modelling, texturing, character development, rigging and look development
- Collaborate with the art director, CG Supervisor and VFX supervisor to ensure every asset is stress tested and meet the brief.
- Review scope of work and collaborate with show/department leads to assign tasks based on artists’ skills/abilities.
- Deliver briefs and set the quality standards for all work completed.
- Manage workflow to balance production schedule and employee resources.
- Attend and coordinate meetings with other departments.
- Review, QC and finalize all assets before submission.
- Provide recommendations/technical solutions to encountered problems.
- Work with the animation supervisor.
- Work with the layout and scene department to provide assets in line with blocking and animation requirements.
- Work with the lighting to ensure effects assets can be successfully lit and rendered.
- Work closely with the production on setting delivery schedule and quality standards.
- In collaboration with the pipeline group, drive and prioritize asset pipeline and work flow improvements.
- Set discipline and quality standards by leading through example and regularly providing feedback to your team.
- Ensure your leads are effectively running their teams, providing guidance to resolve issues in the moment.
- Utilize effective communication skills to receive and communicate client notes and feedback back to artists.
- Help the design and progression of Cinesite’s Asset Management pipeline by working closely with the artists and the Pipeline team.
- Solid experience (minimum 8 years) in areas such as modelling, texturing, rigging and preferably in animation.
- Previous experience as a Lead or Supervisor
- A strong combined technical and creative background
- Expert user of Maya, Mari , Photoshop, Mudbox, Zbrush and Substance
- Knowledge of Houdini, Nuke and Arnold is an asset.
- Experience managing and directing script & tool development in a production environment.
- Experience with programming/scripting languages (such as python, C++, etc.) is an asset
- Basic understanding of color pipelines
- Ability to complete bids; determine the timeframe and scope required for each project
- Ability to troubleshoot and deal with competing priorities
- Capable of managing a team of artists; setting expectations, and managing their time
- Excellent eye for detail and quality control
- Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate others
- Excellent communication skills
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, cutting-edge, award-winning work.
We work as a collective, where excellence, expertise and expression are valued by all; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work to which we are proud to put our name.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If your application is not retained for this position, it will stay on file for future opportunities.APPLY