Cinesite Vancouver is looking for an Assistant CG Supervisor to join us on our creepy and kooky animated theatrical feature film, The Addams Family.
The Assistant CG Supervisor is a position geared for an artist with a wide discipline in CG background looking to move towards a full CG Supervisor position in the future. For the Feature currently in progress, emphasis will focus on taking front end ownership of various challenges in story and work with the CG Supervisor and other department Supervisors to create solutions and develop workflows to achieve the vision of the directors. The successful applicant will also be delegated various tasks from the CG Supervisor as required.
The ideal candidate is a strong leader, excellent communicator, and CG Generalist with a good eye for aesthetic.
- Partnering with the CG Supervisor, Directors, Production Designer, Department Supervisors and Production Management, the Assistant CG Supervisor is responsible for helping develop the CG pipeline as well as proprietary tools
- Works with the CG Supervisor and other departmental Supervisors in developing both creative and sotware solutions to challenges sourcing from the Director’s vision
- Own specific sequences and inherent challenges moving from Layout through Final Layout ensuring all artists have what they need to meet production deadlines on time
- Recognize and report issues that will prevent deadlines from being met on time and propose solutions
- Help to create and implement support and training to improve skill sets within departments and run demonstrations of new tools and workflows as they hit the floor
- Assist in documenting workflows for artists in various departments to ensure they all work effectively within the pipeline and know exactly what to do
- Assess and recommend appropriate external plugins/scripts
- Keep up on current technology trends and tools both hardware and software
- Degree in fine arts, computer science or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years of production experience, with proven ability of supporting a large group of artists
- Previous experience as a Lead or Department Supervisor is preferred
- Expert knowledge of Maya is great with good understanding of downstream dependencies in Nuke, Katana, and Renderman/Arnold
- Experience with Mari and/or Houdini is an asset
- Ability to write code and assist in tool/pipeline R&D development is a plus
- Expert at using Shotgun for production tracking, submitting media, and designing pages
- Creative eye and knowledge of compositions, colour theory and lighting techniques
- Highly motivated with the ability to work under pressure
- Strong communication skills and ability to delegate and mentor people and projects
Please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If it is not retained for this position it will stay on file for future opportunities.APPLY