- Work closely with the Director, Head of Story, Art Director, Lead Editor and the production team to create a memorable story that will resonate with the audience.
- Create and work within pre-production and production pipelines.
- Edit and assemble the storyboard panels during pre-production, incorporating necessary visual development, while adding appropriate mock up camera moves in Avid
- Edit and assemble shots from the various stages of CG shot production while monitoring story, timing and action. Includes making necessary suggestions, additions or trims, and updating within the pipeline, distributing the information to the affected departments.
- Use strong understanding of cinematography and animation timing to create an appropriate pace to the film to keep audiences entertained and involved.
- Assemble and track the radio play, including creating any necessary scratch recordings. Includes keeping inventory of all available dialogue tracks and any that need to be recorded with final voices.
- Work with production to ensure the pipeline status of shots, sequences and dialogue match the existing edit.
- Alert Creative and Production when any discrepancies arise between the planned story and the existing material.
- Track both story, shot and camera continuity throughout the production process
We’d like to talk to you if you have/are:
- Bachelor degree in Film
- 5-7 years professional experience, including extensive Feature Animation or Animated. Television experience. Additional Live Action experience preferred.
- Experience with editing for animatic/radio plays, as well as CG Production and the phases of animated films required.
- Extensive knowledge of Post Production and delivery required.
- Complete and expert understanding of Avid and the necessary connections to design and production pipelines.
- Understanding of animation timing, cinematic scene and dramatic structure.
- Experience in work on and delivery for stereoscopic features required.
- Strong knowledge of story structure, comedy and animation required.
- Experience with timing for musical numbers/songs required.
- Knowledge of voice recording equipment for voice talent sessions required.
- Ability to work collaboratively and on a deadline.
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, cutting-edge, award-winning work.
We work as a collective, where excellence, expertise and expression are valued by all; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work to which we are proud to put our name.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If your application is not retained for this position, it will stay on file for future opportunities.APPLY