Cinesite Vancouver is looking for multiple CFX Artists to join us on our creepy and kooky animated theatrical feature film, The Addams Family!
- Responsible for one or more of the following areas:
- CFX rig artists, rig hair and cloth for the characters to be used in CFX pipeline.
- CFX shot artists, run cloth, hair and fur simulation in shots.
- As a shot artist, you’ll take ownership of each shot, use your skill and knowledge, and follow the artistic direction to achieve the look based on the show’s requirements.
- As a CFX rig artist, you’ll take ownership of each hair and cloth rig to be used in CFX pipeline. You’ll also responsible for maintaining the rig, including getting feedback from shot artists and making improvements and optimizations.
- We are looking for mid-level to senior-level artists with working knowledge of Maya on high-end animation/VFX productions.
- High-end production experience with Maya’s nCloth and nHair.
- Ability to communicate at work, and take directions from supervisor and leads.
- Works well under deadlines and deliver requests with quick turn-around.
- Problem solver can work independently and collaboratively to solve a wide range of technical challenges regarding cloth and hair shots and rigs.
- Open to new ideas and new practices.
- Some level of understanding of rigging terminologies is a plus.
- Experience with Xgen is a plus.
- Experience with Katana is a plus.
- Experience with Shotgun is a plus.
- Scripting is a plus.