Cinesite Vancouver is currently seeking a Groom Artist to join our team. If you want to join a fast-paced studio, apply now!
Our CFX Team
At Cinesite Vancouver, the CFX department are responsible for creating hair and fur grooming a hair and cloth simulations. In CFX we look for a good understanding of hair, cloth and fur with the ability to work in a technical and creative environment. As well as working collaboratively as a team, we work closely with other departments. Groom artists work closely with the modeling, rigging and surfacing departments.
If this all sounds like a role for you, apply!
What you will be doing
- Creating hair, fur, feathers and organic elements for characters, environments and props
- Troubleshoot some technical issues and flag workflow inefficiencies
- Take responsibility for shots and/or assets and ask for support when needed
- Work collaboratively with other departments for optimization, solving issues and ensuring continuity
- Work with others to improve workflows and efficiency
What you bring to the team
- Proficient in Maya
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Eye for detail and continuity
- Good at using techniques in order to efficiently complete challenging shots
- Good understanding of groom terminology and pipeline
- Foundational knowledge of scripting
- Good ability to take ownership to rigs assigned, and test, write documentation, maintain and upgrade them whenever necessary
P.S. Our studio/company is built on respect and inclusion – it is a safe place for all to come to work. No jerks allowed!APPLY