Cinesite Vancouver is looking for a CFX Grooming Artist to join us on our creepy and kooky animated theatrical feature film, The Addams Family!
- Responsible for hair and fur grooming for The Addam’s Family’s movie with highly stylized characters and creatures using XGen grooming tools in Maya.
- Interpret 2D character design to create convincing 3D hair and fur. Take direction to make each groom work best for storytelling.
- Work with CFX TD and Supervisor to optimize fur and hair pipeline.
- Work with fellow CFX artists to ensure grooms translate when characters are in motion.
- Mentor junior artists.
- 3+ years’ experience with Hair and Fur groom in high-end 3D animation/VFX productions.
- Proficiency with XGen in Maya.
- Understanding of XGen production pipeline.
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot issues as they arise within XGen.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to take 2D character art design and build convincing hair and fur in 3D.
- Ability to take direction and feedback in a positive manner.
- Solid understanding of hair and fur simulation; nHair set up is a plus
- Worked with XGen Katana and/or RenderMan is a big plus.
- Houdini experience is a plus.
- Good communication skills.
- Positive attitude and team player.
- Open to new ideas and new practices.
- Yeti experience is a plus.
- Scripting in Mel and Python is a plus.