Cinesite is looking for a CFX TD to join in our Feature Animation division. Under the supervision of the CFX Supervisor, the CFX TD will set up and run hair and cloth simulations for use in stylized feature animated films. Responsibilities will include research and development of cloth set-ups and creating believable cloth simulations for both moving characters and inanimate objects within assigned shot work. You will also be required to create general show-related effects.
- Generate cloth effects and general show-related effects as required, including Maya, and/or Xgen, nCloth,nHair,Qualoth,Houdini.
- Work with your immediate team and with the senior artists, supervisors and producers on a show to meet deadlines for delivery.
- Work with the different departments (FX, Lighting, Compositing) to ensure a high-quality final look.
- Provide support and development of tools and procedures to extend and enhance the pipeline for CFX.
- Provide the technical support to the CFX department as required.
We’d like to talk to you if you have the following:
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar position working in Feature film, visual effects of advertising.
- Production experience with Maya, nCloth,nHair,Qualoth, XGen, Houdini or similar technology.
- Experience with tool integration into existing or new pipelines.
- Thorough understanding of simulation techniques and technologies relating to effects and basic understanding of rigging, modelling and geometry deformers.
- Strong technical skills, including scripting with MEL, VEX, Python, basic C Shell scripting, Perl, C++ and development of tools
- Familiarity with various operating systems (e.g. Linux, Windows).
- Working knowledge of Arnold or other Render engines.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well within a team and to solve shot-specific issues independently.
- Strong communication skills in English, bilingualism is an asset.
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, cutting-edge, award-winning work.
We work as a collective, where excellence, expertise and expression are valued by all; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work to which we are proud to put our name.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If your application is not retained for this position, it will stay on file for future opportunities.APPLY