- 3 years or more working knowledge of Maya on high-end animation/VFX productions as a technical director or technical artist.
- Thorough understanding Maya file structure and animation/VFX production pipeline.
- A broad understanding of rigging terminologies.
- Problem solver, can provide solution for wide range of technical challenges.
- Open to new ideas and new practises.
- Ability to communicate and work well with both artists and engineers between departments.
- Works well under deadlines and deliver requests with quick turn-around.
- Familiar with nCloth, XGen and Muscle system.
- Prior experience with Katana and/or renderMan is a plus
- Experience with Shotgun is an advantage
- Proficiency of Maya Python and Python. Can write up complex procedures to execute complex tasks to support the department needs. Experience developing tools for Xgen is a great advantage.
- Take ownership to maintain existing CFX department tools.
- Create new tools for the department for cloth, hair and muscle system upon requests on schedule.
- Troubleshooting CFX pipeline issues, and support the team in all technical disciplines.
- Proactively looking for ways to improve current practices and efficiency.
- Writing technical documentations.
- Willing to train and support artists to use new tools.