Cinesite is looking to recruit a Cloth/Hair Technical Director to work as part of our London team.
The focus of the position will be working within the production pipeline to create photo-realistic cloth and hair simulations for feature films and Television. Responsibilities will include creating cloth simulation rigs, hair simulation rigs, hair set up research and development, and creating believable hair and cloth simulations for use within assigned shot work.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Generate hair and cloth related effects as required.
- Develop new tools for productions as required.
- Liaise with supervisors, Groom TDs, FX TDs, lighters to ensure a high quality final look.
- Work with your immediate team and with the seniors, supervisors and producers on a show to meet deadlines for delivery.
- Some shot sculpting and tech anim may be required as well.
We’d like to talk to you if you have the following:
- Previous film industry experience
- Ability to work well in a team and solve shot specific issues independently.
- Production experience with Houdini vellum, Maya nHair & nCloth, or similar production quality hair solver.
- Production experience with hair, fur, feather, cloth simulations and ability to evaluate models and grooms for simulation purposes.
- Basic understanding of rigging, modelling, and ability to create simulation rigs with custom tools and deformers.
- Experience with scripting languages: VEX, Python (MEL & C++ are also desirable)
- Eye for detail, problem solving.
- Experience with cloth and hair simulations is a plus.
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, cutting-edge, award-winning work.
We work as a collective, where excellence, expertise and expression are valued by all; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work to which we are proud to put our name.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If your application is not retained for this position, it will stay on file for future opportunities.APPLY