Cinesite Montreal is seeking a Compositing Supervisor to direct and oversee the work of our VFX Compositing team while providing technical and artistic leadership. The ideal candidate should be extremely organized and motivated, with the desire to work within a fast-paced team of highly-skilled and experienced artists.
The Role: You will oversee the compositing work and provide technical and artistic leadership for the team while working on a specific feature film project.
We’d like to talk to you if you have the following:
- Excellent organizational, communication, and project management skills.
- Ability to work with the VFX Supervisor and CG Supervisor to plan the creative approach to the show, in accordance with the CG-to-Compositing integration workflow; in particular, setting up and distributing template scripts to the team in order to ensure a consistent and efficient pipeline.
- Ability to guide the 2D team throughout the creative and technical process to deliver a high standard of work on time and within budget.
- Confidence in dealing with clients.
- Previous shot supervision experience.
- Extensive professional experience with 2D for Feature Film — compositing, tracking, grading, rotoscopy, plate preparation, paint and clean up — and all general 2D techniques, image formats, photographic principles, image processing methods, etc.
- Ability to stay motivated and to motivate your colleagues in a highly pressurized environment.
- Experience with both Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Experience in leading and training others.
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, cutting-edge, award-winning work.
We work as a collective, where excellence, expertise and expression are valued by all; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work to which we are proud to put our name.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If your application is not retained for this position, it will stay on file for future opportunities.APPLY