Lead and manage the production department ensuring the production team has the required tools and resources to successfully plan and deliver each project.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage the Production Department in line with company objectives.
- Overall ownership and responsibility for the financial performance of the production department in line with the AOP (Annual Operating Plan)
- Delegate responsibility to designated producers to enable them to fulfill their roles successfully, whilst maintaining oversight and providing support as required
- Monitor the performance of all projects throughout their life cycles, including regular analysis of progress to ensure projects are running on schedule and within budget.
- Provide input when required for resolution of budget versus creative conflicts that impact the overall performance of the project.
- Identify best working practices and training requirements to ensure projects are managed efficiently
- Hold regular meetings with Producers and communicate updates to maintain consistency within the team.
- Propose and implement a long-term strategy to streamline the production process and enhance the growth opportunities for the company.
- Represent Cinesite at industry events when requested.
- Liaise with the Head of Pipeline in London on potential R&D projects and manage the implementation to ensure clear targets are defined and met.
- Liaise with the production teams across the Cinesite group to understand the production challenges in each of the sites.
- Ensure all production related financial documentation is up to date, with bids, payment schedules and contracts supplied and stored in a comprehensive and timely manner.
- Provide GM with reports and analysis on a regular basis.
- Attend Senior Management and HOD meetings as required.
- Ensure that each of the Production team understands their roles and ensure that they in turn have the support to fulfill their responsibilities.
- Review the performance of individuals in the production team, providing constructive feedback, mentoring and career development planning.
- Identify promotional opportunities within the team, including succession planning for key personnel.
- Sound knowledge of the visual effects industry and the post-production process including an understanding of the technology, software and techniques involved
- Experience working with complex, data-driven spreadsheets and comfortable with the creation of macros and formulas in Excel and Google Sheets
- A working knowledge of FTrack, Shotgun or similar Production management tools is a bonus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong negotiation and mediation abilities
- Organized, methodical and proactive, with impeccable attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and comfortable taking the initiative to create structure and order in an industry that is constantly evolving
- Promote Cinesite’s code of conduct, leading by example with both employees and clients.
- Reliable, diplomatic, calm under pressure and have a sense of humor.
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, world-leading, award-winning work.
We work as a collective, where everyone values excellence, expertise and expression; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work that we are all proud to put our name to.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly, if it is not retained for this position it will stay on file for future opportunities.APPLY