Cinesite is looking to recruit a Creature Technical Director to work as part of our London team.
The focus of the position will be working within the production pipeline to create photo-realistic deformations for creatures and characters in feature films and Television. Responsibilities will include creating muscle rigs, research and development, and creating believable skin simulations and deformations for use within assigned shot work.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Generate skin simulations, skin deformations and related effects as required.
- Scripting and tool development relating to CFX work on productions as required.
- Liaise with supervisors, Rigging, Animation to ensure a high quality final look.
- Work with your immediate team and with the seniors, supervisors and producers on a show to meet deadlines for delivery.
- Some shot sculpting and tech anim may be required as well.
We’d like to talk to you if you have the following:
- Previous film industry experience
- Ability to work well in a team and solve shot specific issues independently.
- Production experience with Maya muscle tools, comfortable learning custom muscle tools and off the shelf tools to create efficient or complex creature rigs
- Production experience evaluating models for deformation.
- Programming experience with Python (VEX, MEL & C++ are also desirable)
- Knowledge of Houdini is a plus.
- Eye for detail, problem solving.
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, cutting-edge, award-winning work.
We work as a collective, where excellence, expertise and expression are valued by all; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work to which we are proud to put our name.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If your application is not retained for this position, it will stay on file for future opportunities.APPLY