In collaboration with the Department Managers, the Crewing Manager is responsible for the allocation of the artists within the VFX division. The candidate will be responsible for overseeing allocation of crew on multiple current and future projects. The Crewing Manager also works closely with Recruitment and Human Resources, helping to determine recruitment needs.
- Partner with the Department Managers and Producers regularly to ensure labour is effectively utilized across all projects ;
- Help plan incoming projects according to staffing breakdowns, identifying what existing crew can be allocated and identifying recruitment needs ;
- Collaborate with the Executive Producer, Producers, Department managers and HODs to anticipate staffing changes and additional resource requirements throughout projects ;
- Host weekly crew meeting to ensure labor is effectively utilized across all projects ;
- Analyse data and pull relevant reports to enable forecasting and planning for future Recruitment/HR requirements ;
- Liaise with talent managers in Feature Animation and the Crewing Managers in our other locations (Vancouver, London and Munich), to ensure an optimized utilisation of our crew as a group ;
- Support Department Managers and Head of Departments to assess training and development needs for artists and centralise the information ;
- Advise on strategies that identify, attract and retain talent ;
- Promote a positive, productive and professional working environment ;
- Organise seating plan to make sure there is enough available seats for all hires ;
- Partner with Department Managers on seating arrangements and structure for all artists in the studio ;
- Assist to all PA, Coords and Department manager interviews and make recommendations on the best candidate.
We’d like to talk to you if you are / have:
- 5-7 years experience in VFX industry;
- Able to create and maintain excellent relations with diverse personalities at all levels in a high pressurized environment;
- A background in HR or Recruitment (a plus);
- A demonstrated ability to resolve conflict;
- Pro-active and solution-orientated;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- The ability to establish priorities, manage tasks efficiently;
- Highly organized and a good motivator with the ability to effectively delegate and mentor individuals;
- Proficient in Excel and Word.
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, world leading, award winning work.
We work as a collective, where everyone values excellence, expertise and expression; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work that we are all proud to put our name to.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly, if it is not retained for this position it will stay on file for future opportunities.APPLY