Cinesite Vancouver is hiring a Crowd TD to join us on our creepy, kooky animated theatrical feature film, The Addams Family!
You will create crowd simulations for background characters, taking the steps from where the shot is once the animation of primary characters has been approved. You will also create crowd layouts for the shot as required.
- Setup crowd characters from rigs. Process animations required for the show
- Setup behaviors, cloth and hair for crowd simulations
- Create crowd layouts for the shots using in-house tools and workflow
- Ensure animation adheres to the style and vision set out by the Animation Director and Directors
- Attend dailies and adjust/refine simulation/layout as indicated by the Animation Director and Directors
- Deliver quality work in a timely manner while meeting the quota assigned
Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum of 2+ years professional technical experience working with Maya preferably in a TD role
- Experience with crowd systems like Golaem, Miarmy, Massive are preferred
- Experience with Python scripting a plus
- Experience with Xgen a plus
- Experience with Katana, Nuke, Renderman a plus but not required
- Ability to work collaboratively, taking direction and feedback effectively
- Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
- Enthusiasm and desire to improve your technical and artistic skills
- Task driven, self –motivated and proactive
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot technically.
P.S. Our studio is built on respect and inclusion – it is a safe place for all to come to work. No jerks allowed! That includes respecting and accepting individual differences and preferences, creating equality and equity in our practices, and including everyone to create a sense of belonging. We are a work in progress and are always striving to improve.APPLY