Cinesite is recruiting a Department Pipeline TD who will be responsible to maintain and advance the Cinesite pipeline for the/various departments Assets, FX, Lighting, Compositing and Matte Painting departments on our animated movies. Through the programming of new tools and plug-ins, the incumbent must ensure our pipeline is efficient and up to date with new production challenges to enable our artists of these departments to be creative and deliver stunning imagery. The Department Pipeline TD not only provides pipeline technical support to the department but assists in identifying and improving the Feature Animation’s pipeline and workflow, software and tools.
- Ensure top-level support specifically for artists in various departments – Assets (modeling & texture), FX (effects & simulation), Lighting, Compositing and Matte Painting for animated film projects.
- Maintain and develop libraries (Python) and API for our core pipeline tools for the needs of current projects.
- Support the pipeline and related software tools for all of these departments, ensuring compliance with the general animation production pipeline, as well as the general and global pipeline Cinesite (VFX and Animation, Montreal, London and Vancouver).
- Test and document new software and their adaptability.
- Develop tools and plug-in for Maya, Houdini, Mari, ZBrush, Nuke, Arnold and Photoshop.
- Provide software’s users support; diagnose bugs and issues, provide solutions and work arounds, enter and filter development and support requests in the database.
- Provide support to our technical directors, artists and production teams on pipeline issues for these departments.
- Liaison with the general pipeline team of the animated film division and the general and global pipeline Cinesite.
- Work closely with the rest of the pipeline development team to ensure that standard work practices are followed and to report common problems in animation.
- Assist teams of these departments in evaluating and selecting new technologies.
We would like to talk to you if you have / are:
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- University degree in Computer Science, Animation, Arts and/or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of Python programming
- Basic knowledge of C/C++ programming language is a plus
- Experience with software/technologies Maya, Nuke, Houdini, Mari, ZBrush, Arnold (or similar renderer), Photoshop
- Good understanding of the pipeline and workflow specific to animated film industry
- Experience with source control and build systems in a Linux environment
- Knowledge of 3D, rendering techniques, imaging formats, lighting, etc. (a plus)
- A proactive attitude and great team spirit are essentials
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, cutting-edge, award-winning work.
We work as a collective, where excellence, expertise and expression are valued by all; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work to which we are proud to put our name.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If your application is not retained for this position, it will stay on file for future opportunities.APPLY