Cinesite Montreal is seeking a Desktop Support Specialist to join our award-winning feature film and television VFX and Animation Studio. The ideal candidate should be motivated and well-organized, with the desire to work within a fast-paced team of highly-skilled and experienced professionals.
- Provide day-to-day technical desktop support for the company’s VFX artists on Linux, OSX and Windows workstations and laptops.
- Identify and resolve all workstation and laptop issues, including those related to hardware, operating systems, and software applications.
- Troubleshoot hardware issues for all workstations, laptops, monitors, design tablets, and printers.
- Ensure all system manuals and relevant documentation are kept updated and organized.
- Create system manuals and documentation as required.
We’d like to talk to you if you have the following:
- In-depth knowledge and ability to solve both operating system and application problems in Linux, OSX and Windows.
- In-depth knowledge of PC and Mac hardware.
- Command-line skills (advantageous).
- Basic knowledge in networking and network file systems.
- Basic knowledge of Bash, Python and/or Perl scripting.
- Basic knowledge of deployment and management systems such as Kickstart, YUM and/or Puppet.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual fluency (English and French).
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role.
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, cutting-edge, award-winning work.
We work as a collective, where excellence, expertise and expression are valued by all; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work to which we are proud to put our name.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If your application is not retained for this position, it will stay on file for future opportunities.APPLY