Cinesite Vancouver is currently seeking a DMP Supervisor to join our team. If you want to join a fast-paced studio, apply now!
Our DMP team
At Cinesite Vancouver, the DMP department is responsible for creating digital backgrounds and environments for the production. In DMP we look for good knowledge of the principles of 2D/2.5D/3D projections in Nuke and Maya. As well as working collaboratively as a team, we work closely with the design and lighting departments
If this all sounds like a role for you, apply!
What you will be doing
- Train new hires on the pipeline and workflows
- Review artists’ work and provide constructive and respectful feedback
- Support artists to develop professionally and provide opportunities for discussion and feedback
- Write technical documentation for others to use and refer to
- Ensure all work is quality-checked before moving shots and assets up the pipeline
- Track, assign and manage shot deadlines with production
- Create a positive and safe work environment
- Work with the pipeline team in building and improving tools and workflows
- Collaborate with other departments for optimization, solving issues and ensuring continuity
- Communicate technical and creative notes to all levels
What you bring to the team
- Broad knowledge for problem solving and troubleshooting
- Efficient time management and strong understanding of resource management
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and collaboratively within the department and the rest of the studio
- Solid organizational skills
- Proficient in Photoshop, Maya and Nuke
- In depth understanding of 2D, 2.5D and 3D techniques
- Expert in creating and conceptualizing digital environments and set extensions
- Excellent artistic eye for detail with the ability to follow reference material and concept art and to visually interpret the Directors ideas
- Excellent eye for detail and continuity
- In depth understanding of 2D design principles such as: balance, rhythm, form, composition, light/shadow, colour etc.
- Expert in combining painting skills in animation software, with a knowledge of photography, modeling, and design, to create 2D and 3D imagery
Cinesite Vancouver welcomes and encourages applications from people who require accommodations. Reasonable accommodations may be requested for reasons related to mental health, physical disability, religious practices, medical conditions etc.
P.S. Our studio/company is built on respect and inclusion – it is a safe place for all to come to work. No jerks allowed!APPLY