Cinesite London is seeking an Environment TD to join our VFX team. The ideal candidate should be motivated and well-organised, with the desire to work within a fast-paced team of highly-skilled and experienced artists.
The Role: You will be creating photo-realistic digital environments for feature films.
- Creation of digital models and textures and/or collaboration with specialist artists from within those disciplines as required.
- Assembly of models, textures, digital matte paintings, and projections into a CG scene.
- Lighting and rendering of CG scenes and/or preparing CG scenes for lighting and rendering by other departments.
- Working with your fellow artists and with supervisors to troubleshoot technical issues within the CG scene. Optimisation of renders within available resources.
- Collaboration with the shot/scene compositor to assemble renders and projections within Nuke and/or 3D software applications.
- Development of the overall look of specific assets, shots, and/or sequences under the guidance of show CG Supervisors and VFX Supervisors.
- Identification of best approaches to matching the look and quality of the plate photography.
- Regular communication with supervisors and production regarding targets and schedules.
- Collaboration with artists from other disciplines to ensure that assets and shots are completed to the highest possible standard.
We’d like to talk to you if you have the following:
- Modelling, UV layout, texturing, and lookdev skills.
- Strong working knowledge of professional 3D software applications such as Maya and Mari (required) and Houdini.
- Previous experience with 2.5D workflows. Good working knowledge of 2.5D projection techniques using Nuke.
- Previous experience working on high-end projects within a feature film post-production environment.
- A strong understanding of proven VFX workflows and familiarity with VFX pipelines.
- Creative problem-solving skills and a proactive attitude.
- Ability to take direction from Cinesite’s supervisors and production staff as appropriate.
- Ability to work well independently as well as within a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Additional skills and experience (optional):
- Technical and creative skills in DMP (digital matte painting) and a facility with Photoshop.
- Background in traditional or fine arts with an emphasis on photo-realism and environments.
- Interest and/or professional experience in cutting-edge CG technology such as photogrammetry and photo-based 3D reconstruction.
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, cutting-edge, award-winning work. We operate as a collective, where excellence, expertise and expression are valued by all; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work to which we are proud to put our name.
If you would like to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If your application is not retained for this position, it will stay on file for future opportunities.APPLY