The Department Manager will perform a key role supporting the Production Managers and Producer in our Feature Animation division, helping to coordinate artists and production to ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget and to client specification. The Department Manager assists the Production Manager and the Producer in overseeing project management and delivery.
- Work closely with the Producers and Production Managers to plan, schedule and prioritize the resources of the department.
- Evaluate the needs of each project in concert with the Producers and Production Managers and Talent Manager to resource and allocate crew over multiple projects.
- With the Head of Production, analyse data and pull relevant reports to enable forecasting and planning for future Recruitment/HR requirements.
- Serve as a liaison between Production teams, Supervisors and artists to ensure constant communication and facilitate feedback.
- Encourage and facilitate interdepartmental communication and co-operation.
- Ensure Atrack (project management tool) statuses, task assignments and timesheets are kept up to date.
- Ensure teams are clear on daily delivery objectives.
- Ensure effective communication within a production and continual team updates.
- Coordinate and monitor multiple projects effectively.
- Collaborate with all the production members to ensure the smooth running and communication flow of all project data.
- Monitor and control progress and issues, and prepare reports.
- Ensure that the work is being approved and completed in a timely fashion.
- Establish quality control and departmental processes.
- Participate in/Organize dailies, rounds and departmental meetings.
- In collaboration with the Head of Production, estimate workload, allocate and optimize resources per project and select outsourcing strategies according to production budgets and schedules.
- In collaboration with Talent Manager and Supervisor, address the first level of action regarding behavioural issues (tardiness, absenteeism, underperformance, motivation, etc.), resolve conflict within the team, set an example for the team in terms of performance, work ethic, professionalism and attitude, etc.
- Train, Manage and mentor a team of coordinators and PA.
- Participate in the recruitment process including pre-candidate screening, evaluation of artistic and technical abilities and conducting interviews.
- Oversee the department leads and artists’ performance including their training and career development, performance evaluations and provide mentorship and leadership coaching for Supervisors (if applicable).
- In collaboration with the Supervisors and Talent Manager, liaise with HR and artists to determine training needs to effectively develop, design and execute training programs for skill development.
We would like to talk to you if you have / are:
- 6-7 years of production experience in Feature Film or TV
- Experience in Animation (ideally with a minimum of one Feature Film project)
- Experience in managing and motiving artistic teams
- Proven ability to manage projects, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Expert knowledge of Excel
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to transform boundaries (budgets, resources, time) into an inspiring challenge for the team
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, cutting-edge, award-winning work.
We work as a collective, where excellence, expertise and expression are valued by all; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work to which we are proud to put our name.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If your application is not retained for this position, it will stay on file for future opportunities.APPLY