Cinesite Vancouver Inc is hiring an FX Artist to join us on our creepy, kooky animated theatrical feature film, The Addams Family!
The ideal candidate is an excellent problem solver, with a strong technical background in Houdini and a keen artistic eye. He or she should have a solid understanding of the animation production pipeline and the ability to produce the highest possible quality effects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in the development of department procedures: workflows, toolsets, best practices
- Participate in the overall strategy of the FX Pipeline
- Participate in the review process and quality control
- Collaborate with multiple Departments to develop various FX and assets, ensure deliverables meet requirements
- R&D and implement FX, run shots: particles, rigid body, fluids and liquids, destruction
- Help ensure production milestones and deadlines are met
Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Advanced Houdini FX knowledge
- Experience with Houdini Mantra
- Nuke proficiency
- Able to multitask and manage time efficiently.
- Able to take direction, collaborate, and be a team player
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of good composition and artistic timing
- Katana and Renderman experience is an asset
- Maya experience is an asset
- Experience with Shotgun Software is a plus
- Experience with traditional/2D animation/principles is a plus
- Experience with cloth, fur & hair and crowds is a plus