Cinesite is looking to recruit Groom Technical Director to work as part of our London team.
The focus of the position will be creating believable hair, fur, and feather grooms for characters and creatures on high-end VFX film projects. You will be working closely with Creature TDs regarding the requirements for their workflow. You will also work closely with the rigging, animation and lighting teams to ensure the best quality work is being produced at all times.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- The creation of hair/fur/feather grooms for characters and creatures using Houdini or XGen.
- Close liaison with Creature FX simulation TDs over the requirements for dynamics, and the layout of guide hairs.
- Liaison with other departments involved in the creature workflow – Modeling, Rigging, Animation and Lighting.
- Producing render tests of the groom as it progresses.
- Meeting set schedules and deadlines while maintaining the highest standards.
- Regularly communicating with Production and Leads regarding schedules and deadlines.
We’d like to talk to you if you have the following:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Previous experience on CG creature projects
- A thorough knowledge of Maya
- Great communication and problem solving skills
- Strong artistic and technical background
- A good eye for detail
- A strong work ethic, and a willingness to be involved in both development and shot execution
- The ability to work as part of a team in a challenging and deadline orientated environment
- A good understanding of pipeline and workflow issue
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, cutting-edge, award-winning work.
We work as a collective, where excellence, expertise and expression are valued by all; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work to which we are proud to put our name.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If your application is not retained for this position, it will stay on file for future opportunities.APPLY