Cinesite is seeking a Head of IT who will be responsible for the management, strategy and execution of IT infrastructure for Cinesite Montreal. The incumbent will implement and lead Cinesite Montreal’s technical strategy to ensure they are able to meet client needs and the studio’s strategic objectives.
- Develop a long term Cinesite technology plan with the production teams & management to ensure efficiency across all job functions.
- Communicate the road map of the facility effectively across different production groups.
- Ensure the delivery of high quality internal customer service oriented towards business efficiency.
- Be responsible for the studio’s data center and infrastructure, including private & public internet connections, servers, storage, firewalls and backups
- Collaborate with Cinesite’s senior management team to promote Cinesite culture
- Ensure the needs of the Montreal location are met across both Visual Effects (VFX) and Feature Animation (FA) divisions and confirm they are in line with group statuses.
- Analyze hardware and software requirements.
- Build, track, and maintain facility technology budgets.
- Manage the DSA team and the allocation of render & storage resources across multiple projects
- Manage IT and DSA teams and be responsible for their day-to-day tasking, priorities, and scheduling in concert with the Managers (DSA, IT)
- Consult on IT initiatives, ensuring the procurement of the right software and tools to meet Cinesite needs.
- Manage the security & confidentiality processes within the organization.
We’d like to talk to you if you have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- A minimum of five year of experience working as an IT Manager or Head of IT capacity with Linux
- Experience managing both IT internal audits and IT external audits
- Experience in Computer Security Incident Handling and disaster recovery
- Demonstrated experience leading large teams
- Knowledge of VFX and Feature Animation industries is an asset
- In-depth hardware knowledge of PC and MAC, including high-end workstations, laptops, printers and graphic tablets
- Strong knowledge of Servers, Firewalls and Storage
- Strong leadership skills and previous experience managing a team (coaching, directing, leading)
- Highly organized and able to prioritize tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both French and English
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Works well under pressure and able to juggle competing priorities while meeting client or organizational requirements
- Team spirit and positive attitude
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, cutting-edge, award-winning work.
We work as a collective, where excellence, expertise and expression are valued by all; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work to which we are proud to put our name.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If your application is not retained for this position, it will stay on file for future opportunities.APPLY