The Head of Production leads the Production team of the VFX division in Montreal and is responsible to effective day to day running of the projects, schedules and resources planning in line with Cinesite business plan and objectives. They are a key member of Cinesite’s leadership team, bringing innovative and effective ideas to the studio. Their role is to ensure the continued success of Cinesite’s VFX operations in Montreal.
- In collaboration with the Head of Studio VFX, propose and execute long-term strategic plans for production to enhance Cinesite’s position and growth opportunities on the market, including long-term studio capacity and resource planning
- Oversee the performance of all projects throughout their life cycles once in production: Monitor BVA (bid versus actual hours) and when an issue is identified, undertake remedial action in conjunction with the designated Producer and Executive Producer
- Identify and implement measures to improve efficiency in all areas of production
- Attend client meetings as required
Leadership and Management
- Manage and coach Producers, Line Producers, Production Department Managers, Production Coordinators and Crewing Manager to enable them to fulfil their roles successfully
- In collaboration with HR/Recruitment, provide training opportunities to the team and career progression plan, participate to the recruitment process and to the on-boarding, probation and appraisal process.
- In collaboration with HR and Head of Studio VFX, participate to the remuneration review process, the contract renewal process for the VFX team as well as the revision process of the salary and benefits grid.
- Partner with HR to identify and resolve employee relation issues
- Lead Producers, Supervisors and HoDs to enable them to drive results through their respective teams
- Lead Producer meetings to ensure standardisation and consistency of work and efficient communication
- Hold weekly crewing meetings with the Crewing Manager and the team
- Ensure that the roles and responsibilities of the production team are clearly understood
- Review the performance of production team in a professional and constructive manner and provide regular feedback
- Collaborate with the Support teams (HR, Operations, TS and Pipeline) and HODs to ensure interdepartmental processes and procedures are seamless
- Ensure that communication flows smoothly between Production and the rest of the departments in the Montreal office
- Ensure that communication flows smoothly between Executive Producer and the VFX team, to share information on the upcoming projects and projects we are currently bidding on.
- Identify, flag and provide potential solutions to Head of Studio VFX on issues on the floor (team/resources, operations, production, clients, etc.)
- Reporting data to Head of Studio VFX.
- Make decision on production priorities and focus and communicate these to the team.
- Hold regular meetings with the Finance department to exchange financial information on all projects in collaboration with the Head of Studio VFX, Producers and Executive Producers.
- Ensure all appropriate documentation is provided to the Finance Department in a timely and comprehensive manner
- Demonstrated previous experience in a senior or executive production management role
- Sound knowledge of the visual effects industry, including key post-production issues
- Knowledge of industry standard software
- Strong client base and network in the visual effects and film industry
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including strong presentation, negotiation and oratory skills.
- Highly organized and structured
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to anticipate issues
- Demonstrated leadership skills, transparency and collaboration
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and visual effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, cutting-edge, award-winning work.
We work as a collective, where excellence, expertise and expression are valued by all; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work to which we are proud to put our name.