Cinesite Vancouver is currently looking for a new team member in our Human Resources team! This can be an HR Coordinator or an HR Generalist, depending on your experience. Your duties will depend on the role you are selected for. We are a growing team and are looking for someone to get stuck in with the day to day as well as contributing to the long-term goals of the department.
We have guiding principles on the HR team that we live by daily. They are accountability, collaboration, communication, continuous improvement, and a safe/supportive team environment. We also love to laugh and have fun! Sounds awesome right?! Then you should apply.
Supporting the HR Manager and Recruiter, you would be assisting with the day-to-day operations of the HR department. This role will be instrumental in developing processes and procedures and contributing to our company culture. This role is responsible for the following areas: new hire orientation, HRIS implementation and maintenance, recruitment and immigration support, training and development support, compensation administration, and administration etc.
Reports to: HR Manager Supervises: N/A
Responsibilities & Expectations:
- First point of contact for employees
- Responsible for the new starter process
- Maintain employee files and creating all letters
- Assist with the recruitment process including posting job openings, pre‑screening applicants, scheduling interviews, reference checks and drafting employment contracts etc.
- Provide administrative support to the HR department
- Progressive and innovative approach to HR (Generalist)
- Recommend continuous improvements and create new processes (Generalist)
- Assist will ad hoc HR projects, initiatives and social functions
Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- 1-5 years in an HR capacity (depending on role)
- Diploma or degree in Human Resources Management or relevant field is required
- Have a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Accountability for duties and uses initiative for problem solving
- Ability to learn from mistakes and reflect to ensure continuous improvement
- Highly organized with strong time management skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience with an ATS and/or HRIS is an asset
- Ability to work under pressure, adapt to changing demands and deadlines and maintain composure
- Strong verbal and written communication skills treating everyone with the utmost respect
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Can do attitude with the mindset that no job is too big or too small
P.S. Our studio/company is built on respect and inclusion – it is a safe place for all to come to work. No jerks allowed!APPLY