The Infrastructure Team is responsible for core tools and distributed services for use across the facility including: asset, task, and software management; dailies, render submission, analytics, cross site data transfer, and core Python libraries.
The Infra Developer helps advance the feature set, integration and operation of internal systems. The position requires expertise in a comprehensive set of areas including databases, services, server-side code, Python-based client APIs, and tools.
- Administration of production tracking servers
- Assist in the migration of data across servers and locations
- Assist in the consolidation of services and integration of heterogeneous tools and systems
- Develop new features and support existing Python APIs that front-end developers use to interact with back-end services
- Participate in the design, implementation and deployment of features for supporting internal tools and systems
- Set up test environments for testing the distributed production tracking tool set
- Set up and perform stress and regression tests routinely
- Troubleshoot issues in production related to the various production tracking frameworks and services
- Participate in code reviews
- S. or higher degree in Computer Science or related field and/or combination of education and experience equivalent
- 3 years experience in a build engineer, full stack development or DevOps role.
- Extensive Python programming experience
- Strong command with relational databases like Postgres and MySQL, web services and an understanding of software stacks that span from client tools to back-end services that are integrated with our production tracking systems.
- Experience with database replication, backup and recovery highly desired
- Ability to quickly understand and work with legacy code
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies and practices, refactoring, Object-oriented analysis and design, pair programming, etc.
- Strong professionalism, problem solving, and analytical skills
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, cutting-edge, award-winning work.
We work as a collective, where excellence, expertise and expression are valued by all; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work to which we are proud to put our name.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If your application is not retained for this position, it will stay on file for future opportunities.APPLY