Cinesite Montreal is looking for an IT Technician / Desktop Support Specialist to join the team. The candidate will be responsible for supporting all workstations and laptop issues, including hardware, OS and applications.
- Provide day-to-day technical desktop support for the company’s VFX/FA artists on Linux, OSX and Windows workstations and laptops;
- Identify and resolve all workstation and laptop issues, including those related to hardware, operating systems, and software applications;
- Troubleshoot hardware issues for all workstations, laptops, monitors, design tablets, and printers;
- Set up and configure workstations, laptops and IP Phones;
- Create and modify User Account, Mailing List and Groups;
- Support the Security Systems, Anti-Virus, and enforce studio security policies;
- Ensure all system manuals and relevant documentation are kept updated and organized.
- Any other job-related tasks.
We’d like to talk to you if you have/are:
- In-depth knowledge and ability to solve both operating system and application problems in Linux, OSX and Windows;
- In-depth knowledge of PC and Mac hardware;
- Linux Command-line skills (Red Hat Certified is an advantage);
- Knowledge of Active Directory and LDAP;
- Knowledge in Networking (Configuring IP’s, DNS, DHCP, VLAN’s, Troubleshooting Network Issue, Wiring and Tracking Network Port changes.);
- Knowledge of Bash, Python and/or Perl scripting (advantageous);
- Basic knowledge of deployment and management systems such as Kickstart, YUM and/or Puppet;
- Experience with ticketing systems, and updating/prioritizing ticket requests;
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills;
- The ability to work well autonomously under pressure & meet deadlines;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Flexible nature, be able to adapt to changing production requirements;
- Bilingual fluency (English and French);
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role.
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, cutting-edge, award-winning work.
We work as a collective, where excellence, expertise and expression are valued by all; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work to which we are proud to put our name.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If your application is not retained for this position, it will stay on file for future opportunities.