The Role: The Layout Artist is responsible for CG camera animation using cinematography principles, shot composition and character blocking to pre-visualize shots before the beginning of animation and allowing up stream CG departments to use as the foundation for shot construction.
We’d like to talk to you if you have:
- Strong Maya knowledge with excellent problem solving skills and a solid understanding of the visual effects pipeline
- Good attention to detail and a proactive approach to identifying and resolving issues in order to maintain continuity within the sequence
- Strong demonstrable experience in sequence and shot composition.
- Good working knowledge of cinematography in a virtual environment.
- Previous experience of scene layout to match previs or storyboard reference (preferred)
- Excellent understanding of practical cameras and camera techniques.
- Previous experience in camera tracking and animation blocking is advantageous
- Excellent technical problem solving skills – these are key to the role so basic mel and python scripting is ideal but not required
- Previous film industry experience (preferred)
- Ability to work under pressure on potentially short turn around times.
- Ability to take direction and feedback well from a supervisor.
- Organisation skills and able to create tidy scenes for use in the rest of the pipeline.
- We welcome applications from Junior, Mid and Senior/Lead Level Layout Artists.
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, cutting-edge, award-winning work.
We work as a collective, where excellence, expertise and expression are valued by all; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work to which we are proud to put our name.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If your application is not retained for this position, it will stay on file for future opportunities.