Under the supervision of the Animation Director and the CG Supervisor, the Lead Animator 3D contributes to lead and develop the 3D Animation team. He/She participates in setting the departmental direction for creative, artistic and technical aspects to create 3D animations that will make the characters credible and resonate with the audience. He/She creates sequences of naturalistic movements for objects and characters with hard surfaces (3D models) within the Cinesite pipeline using a variety of tools.
- Work with the Directors and Animation Supervisor to help define the acting requirements on both a sequence and shot basis
- Collaborate with their team to ensure the creative goals of the Directors and Animation Supervisor are met
- Interact with Rigging to ensure the performance requirements of the character work with the rig and tools
- Work with the Animation Supervisor and Animation Coordinator to help the team hit deadlines and ensure the quotas are met for both shots and sequences
- Work with the Animation Supervisor and Animation Coordinator on casting shots/assignments to their teams
- Mentor and lead their team by example by providing them with guidance and instruction to help in their artistic and professional improvement
- Help with recruiting and participate in interviews and ensure that animation new hires are provided the necessary training and assistance
- Participate in animation reviews and meetings as required
- Track continuity issues within the sequences and between artists
- Minimum of 7+ years professional animation experience working with Maya
- Ability to interpret a storyboard
- Ability to work collaboratively, taking direction and feedback from the Directors and Animation Supervisor effectively
- Ability to help deliver the highest quality animation feasible within the production parameters and consistently meet departmental production quota requirements
- Experience creating expressive hand and facial animation in a production environment
- Solid understanding of traditional animation principles
- Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
- Task driven, self–motivated and proactive team player
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot technically
- Experience with rigging a plus
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, world leading, award winning work.
We work as a collective, where everyone values excellence, expertise and expression; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work that we are all proud to put our name to.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly, if it is not retained for this position it will stay on file for future opportunities.APPLY