During these challenging times, we’re all in this together. While it isn’t business as usual, at Cinesite Vancouver, production for the weird and wonderful Addams Family sequel is well under way. As we create this amazing story, we want to start the audition process for the next kooky family members to join our team! We are looking for someone to join our CFX team in June as a Lead CFX Artists.
Our CFX team
At Cinesite Vancouver, the CFX department are responsible for grooming hair and fur, setting up cloth and hair rigs and setting up dynamic skin or muscle set ups and running all simulations. In CFX we look for a good understanding of hair, cloth and fur with the ability to work in a technical and creative environment. Groom artists work closely with the modeling, rigging and surfacing departments. Hair and cloth artists work closely with the animation, modeling and lighting departments.
If this all sounds like a role for you, apply!
What you will be doing
- Train new hires on the pipeline and workflows
- Provide constructive and respectful feedback to artists
- Support artists to develop them professionally
- Understand the strengths of the team members and assign work that is relevant in order to develop them as well as meeting the productions needs
- Update production on deadlines, scheduling and workflow issues as required
- Write technical documentation for others to use and refer to
- Work with the pipeline team in building and maintaining tools and workflows
- Collaborate with other departments for optimization, solving issues and ensuring continuity
- Track, assign and manage shot deadlines with production as required
- Communicate technical and creative messages to all levels
What you bring to the team
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Efficient time management and strong understanding of resource management
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and collaboratively within the department and the rest of the studio
- Proficient in Maya Nucleus, as well as a good understanding of the rest of the Maya pipeline
- In depth understanding of hair, cloth and groom terminology and pipeline
- In depth understanding of Physics and motion dynamics
- In depth knowledge of scripting
- Excellent eye for detail and continuity
- Expert in creating and maintain rigs for hair and cloth for characters
Cinesite Vancouver welcomes and encourages applications from people who require accommodations. Reasonable accommodations may be requested for reasons related to mental health, physical disability, religious practices, medical conditions etc.
P.S. Our studio/company is built on respect and inclusion – it is a safe place for all to come to work or work remotely 🙂 No jerks allowed!APPLY