Cinesite Vancouver is currently seeking a Lead Character Modeler to join our team. We are looking for solid skills in character modeling to work in our Vancouver studio. If you want to join a fast-paced studio, apply now!
Our Modeling team
At Cinesite Vancouver, the modeling department is responsible for creating characters, props and set models that support the artistic goals and story concepts of the production. In Modeling we interpret 2D designs and create 3D objects in line with the style and direction of the production.
If this all sounds like a role for you, apply!
What you will be doing
- Working with the modeling Supervisor to help realize the Production Designers vision for various assets
- Create, modify and document templates for other artists to use
- Troubleshoot technical issues and flag workflow inefficiencies
- Creating feature quality models to pass to the rigging and animation teams
- Provide constructive and respectful feedback to artists
- Support artists to develop them professionally
- When requested, provide backup support to the supervisor
- Work with the pipeline team in building and maintaining tools and workflows
What you bring to the team
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Efficient time management and strong understanding of resource management
- Proficient in Maya and Zbrush
- Experience with 3D animation and rigging
- In-depth knowledge of human and animal anatomy, physical motion, weight, balance and form
- Good ability to build digital assets including, sets, props, vehicles and organic elements per the projects’ requirements
- Excellent eye for detail and continuity
- Excellent at translating 2D designs into 3D objects
- Ability to produce optimized assets that work efficiently
- In depth understanding of topology, and effectively apply it to make models
Cinesite Vancouver welcomes and encourages applications from people who require accommodations. Reasonable accommodations may be requested for reasons related to mental health, physical disability, religious practices, medical conditions etc.
P.S. Our studio/company is built on respect and inclusion – it is a safe place for all to come to work. No jerks allowed!APPLY