Cinesite Montreal is seeking a Lead Compositor to oversee a team of Compositors as well as assembling the filmed and CG (3D) elements of the visual effects plans for quality results.
Your role: ·
- Work closely with the Compositing Supervisor, the Head of 2D and the VFX Supervisor to establish the composition pipeline for the project.
- Liaise on a regular basis with the Compositing Supervisor and the Head of 2D regarding project work assignments.
- Perform complex digital image composition tasks while communicating effectively with colleagues and the project management team; keeping them informed of the status of the work, the questions to be solved, the ramifications of the problems involved.
- Integrate elements of a plan, including filmed elements and 2D and 3D CG elements.
- Ensure the consistency of the final composition of the elements of a visual effects plan.
- Harmonize the creative and technical aspects of each plan.
- Solve visual, artistic and technical problems where possible or transmit the information to the right department (modeling, texture, 3D lighting, etc.).
- Guide and advise the compositing team to keep the work at the required level.
- Provide assistance to Rotoscope / image preparation artists.
- Mentor the team and provide constructive feedback to it to enable them to evolve while accomplishing their tasks.
- Provide support in assigning tasks
- Constantly seek creative solutions based on your talents and those of your colleagues.
- Manage the workload well and keep the project management team informed if the work is more complex than expected or longer than expected so that they can readjust.
- Flag and escalate any issues that are beyond your scope
We would like to talk to you if you have / are:
- Possess good computer and artistic knowledge as well as a good sense of composition.
- An accomplished compositor working with Nuke and having a good creative eye.
- Technical knowledge in 2D composition.
- Stereoscopic composition experience an asset.
- Ability to work well in a team and to solve specific resource problems in an independent way.
- Experience in team management and mentoring are an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Ability to stay motivated and motivate colleagues in an environment under pressure.
- Linux operating system experience.
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, cutting-edge, award-winning work.
We work as a collective, where excellence, expertise and expression are valued by all; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work to which we are proud to put our name.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If your application is not retained for this position, it will stay on file for future opportunities.APPLY