During these challenging times, we’re all in this together. While it isn’t business as usual, at Cinesite Vancouver, production for the weird and wonderful Addams Family sequel is well under way. As we create this amazing story, we want to start the audition process for the next kooky family members to join our team! We are looking for someone to join our animation team in June as a Lead Crowd artist.
At Cinesite Vancouver, the animation department is responsible for character performances that fulfill the needs of any given project. In Animation, we look for strong character acting abilities and a solid grasp of the physical mechanics of movement. A keen understanding of the principles of animation is essential. As well as working collaboratively as a team, we work closely with the show directors, clients, and the previs and shot finaling departments.
If this all sounds like a role for you, apply!
What you will be doing
• Train new hires on the pipeline and workflows
• Support artists to develop them professionally
• Update production on deadlines, scheduling and workflow issues as required
• Write technical documentation for others to use and refer to
• Challenge the status quo to drive efficiencies and innovation
• Work with the pipeline team in building and maintaining tools and workflows
• Collaborate with other departments for optimization, solving issues and ensuring continuity
• Track, assign and manage shot deadlines with production as required
• React positively to changes in production
• Communicate technical and creative messages to all levels
What you bring to the team
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Efficient time management and strong understanding of resource management
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and collaboratively within the department and the rest of the studio
• Proficient in Maya
• In depth understanding of 3D animation
• In depth understanding principles of animation
• In-depth knowledge of anatomy, perspective and composition
• Expert in lip sync, acting, staging and timing
• Excellent eye for detail and continuity
• General understanding of classical animation and stop motion
Cinesite Vancouver welcomes and encourages applications from people who require work accommodations. Reasonable accommodations may be requested for reasons including but not limited to mental health, physical disability, religious practices, medical conditions. Please let us know if you need any accommodation.
P.S. Our studio/company is built on respect and inclusion – it is a safe place for all to come to work or work remotely 🙂 No jerks allowed!APPLY