Cinesite Vancouver is looking for an Lead Crowd TD to join us on our creepy and kooky animated theatrical feature film, The Addams Family.
The Lead Crowdof populating sequences and shots with heavy character asset counts. You will work with pipeline, Previs/Layout and the CG Supervisor to assist in developing the crowd software, create solutions and develop workflows to achieve the vision of the directors.
The successful applicant will also be a great communicator, enthusiastic collaborator and effective problem solver.
- Partnering with the CG Supervisor, Directors, Production Designer, Department Supervisors and Production Management, the Lead Crowd TD is responsible for helping develop the Crowd CG pipeline as well as proprietary tools
- Works with the CG Supervisor and other departmental Supervisors in developing both creative and sotware solutions to Crowd challenges sourcing from the Director’s vision
- Take responsibility for specific sequences and shots moving from Layout through Final Layout ensuring all Crowd requirements are met for downstream departments
- Work closely with rigging department to ensure character asset compatibility with Crowd system
- Recognize and report issues that will prevent deadlines from being met on time and propose solutions
- Help to create and implement support and training to improve skill sets within the Crowd department and run demons of new tools and workflows as they hit the floor
- Have expertise in current off the shelf crowd solutions such as Golaem, Massive, etc.
- Degree in fine arts, computer science or equivalent experience a plus
- 3+ years of production experience, with proven ability of leading a collection of artists
- Expert competency with Maya and Golaem with good understanding of downstream software dependencies such as Katana and Renderman
- Experience with rigging fundamentals and techniques is a plus
- Experience with Houdini is an asset
- Ability to write code and assist in tool/pipeline R&D development is a plus
- Experience with Shotgun Tracking Software/Toolkit a plus
- Creative eye for compositions and effective use of filling backgrounds with crowd density without taking over the scene/distracting from hero action
- Highly motivated at problem solving with the ability to work under pressure
- Strong communication skills and ability to delegate and mentor people
Please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If it is not retained for this position it will stay on file for future opportunities.APPLY