Cinesite Vancouver is hiring Lead Lighting and Compositing Artists to join us on our creepy, kooky animated theatrical feature film, The Addams Family!
The position of Lead Lighting and Compositing Artist requires someone with a comprehensive knowledge of CG lighting and compositing for feature animation with several years of experience leading a team.
Successful applicants will have excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to collaborate in a team-driven environment. Applicants must have a thorough understanding of colour, light, cameras and composition as well as a solid technical foundation in modern 3D packages and renderers.
- Lead and manage a team of lighting and compositing artists
- Work collaboratively to meet sequence look requirements
- Create, modify and document lighting and compositing templates
- Guide a team of artists on how to use lighting and compositing templates
- Assist with troubleshooting technical issues and flag workflow inefficiencies
- Perform daily and continuity reviews of team shots and provide feedback to artists
- Light, comp and final master shots including provided FX and matte paintings
- Participate in weekly department meetings to report issues and provide feedback
- Assist Production with managing work assignments, quota and deliveries
- 2+ years experience in a similar position for feature animation
- Proficiency in Maya, Katana a bonus
- Proficiency in Nuke, deep compositing and/or stereo conversion experience a bonus
- Proficiency in modern renderer, RenderMan a bonus
- Strong understanding of modern lighting, compositing and rendering techniques
- Ability to interpret and realize lighting keys and colour scripts from Art department
- Ability to take direction and feedback from Directors and Supervisors
- Efficient time management skills and strong understanding of resource management
- Task driven, self–motivated and proactive team player
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot technically
- BC residents preferred, but not required