The Lighting and Compositing Lead, under the direction of the department Supervisors, run our Lighting teams and help with developing lighting, compositing and look of picture.
- Manage and lead the Lighting/Compositing team in shot production.
- Lighting and Compositing key shots in advance of the team, determining unique challenges and solutions for the assigned sequence.
- Ensure that standards and techniques are optimized for maximum efficiency and follow technical and artistic standards as defined by the Lighting and the Compositing Supervisors.
- Conduct internal shot reviews with team and attend Dailies.
- Lead team on assigned sequence to maintain continuity and adapt to changes in Direction mid-production.
- Communicate closely with coordinators and supervisors to ensure that all shots are delivered on schedule.
- Run team meetings and help facilitate team training.
We would like to talk to you if you have / are:
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of light, colour, contrast and shading.
- Demonstrate an ability to create final composites using multiple passes and/or aovs from Lighting and FX.
- Experience with Maya and Nuke.
- Experience lighting and rendering with Renderman considered an asset.
- Scripting & tool building in Nuke considered an asset.
- Experience with Nuke 3D-System an asset.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Able to collaborate and be open to direction.
- Excellent communication skills and dedication to responsibilities.
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, cutting-edge, award-winning work.
We work as a collective, where excellence, expertise and expression are valued by all; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work to which we are proud to put our name.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If your application is not retained for this position, it will stay on file for future opportunities.