Cinesite Vancouver is currently seeking a Lead Look dev Artist to join our team. If you want to join a fast-paced studio, apply now!
Our Surfacing & Look dev team
At Cinesite Vancouver, the surfacing and look dev department are responsible for the texturing and shader creation for characters, props and environments. In Surfacing and Look dev we look for knowledge and experience in Photoshop, Mari, Nuke, creating Arnold shaders and rendering as well as knowledge in photography, painting, and design. As well as working collaboratively as a team, we work closely with the design, modeling, lighting and render departments.
If this all sounds like a role for you, apply!
What you will be doing
- Train new hires on the pipeline and workflows
- Provide constructive and respectful feedback to artists
- Support artists to develop them professionally
- When requested, provide backup support to the supervisor
- Update production on deadlines, scheduling and workflow issues as required
- Write technical documentation for others to use and refer to
What you bring to the team
- Proficient in Maya and Arnold
- Proficient in Mari
- In-depth understanding of materials, textures, colour, lighting and rendering
- Broad knowledge in problem-solving and troubleshooting, including rendering
- Efficient with time and resource management
- Expert at the interpretation and realization of material and texture design packages
- Expert at designing and implementing material and texture workflows and standards
- Foundational knowledge of Python and Mel
- Foundational knowledge of Katana, Gaffer and Substance Designer
Cinesite Vancouver welcomes and encourages applications from people who require accommodations. Reasonable accommodations may be requested for reasons related to mental health, physical disability, religious practices, medical conditions etc.
P.S. Our studio/company is built on respect and inclusion – it is a safe place for all to come to work. No jerks allowed!APPLY