The Development Lead is responsible for the R&D and Infrastructure Teams. They provide guidance and mentoring to the team, and are responsible for the efficiency and well-being of the team. In collaboration with the Head of Technical Production, the Lead designs processes and workflows and participates in defining the technological vision.
Along with the R&D team, the Lead is responsible for further improvement of the software tools and technologies used in the pipeline. With the Infrastructure team, the Lead is responsible for maintaining the software infrastructure as well as planning, implementing, and deploying improvements to those systems.
The ideal candidate must have a great understanding of computer graphics and strong programming skills to actively participate in the development and integration of creative tools into an overall production pipeline and to lead the development teams.
- Assist the Head of Technical Production with defining the technological vision and with setting development goals and priorities.
- Lead sprint planning meetings for the development teams
- Provide guidance, support and mentorship to the development teams.
- Provide technical guidance, support, and training to the TD teams.
- Liaise with development and TD leads from other Cinesite sites.
- Maintain and advance Cinesite’s global production pipeline; keeping our pipeline efficient and up-to-date in response to new production challenges.
- With the TD leads, identify and optimize bottlenecks in algorithms and workflows and find optimized solutions
- With CG supervisors, identify and implement new capabilities into our workflow.
- In collaboration with HR and Head of Technical Production, actively participate in recruitment efforts, training, career development, appraisals and reviews of the development teams.
- Communicate with third-party software vendors to prioritize Cinesite’s feature requests and bug fixes
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and new technologies
We’d like to talk to you if you the following:
- University degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics or related field
- 7 to 10 years’ experience developing software
- Previous experience in a Lead or Supervisor position is a plus
- Advanced proficiency in programming languages Python and C/C++
- A solid understanding of visual effects and/or animation pipelines and workflows
- Strong grasp of software development best practices such as TDD, continuous integration and agile methodologies
- A proactive attitude and great team spirit is essential
- Experience with global pipelines across multiple sites is an asset