Cinesite (Montreal) is looking for a Lead Rigger for a team focused on creating multiple 3D Animated features. The ideal candidate must collaborate with the Rigging Supervisor who they report to, to help make decisions that facilitate the rigging workflow. The candidate must be self-reliant and have a deep knowledge in anatomy as well as management skills.
- Oversee the daily operations of the rigging team: work the Department Manager to assign tasks, mentor, give feedback and QC artist’s work;
- Maintain a close relationship with the animation Leads to create and maintain flexible body rigs using our rigBuilder system;
- Work with other locations on global rigging projects;
- Work with production to ensure deadlines and quotas are met;
- Work closely with modelling to review and help create models that meet the rigging technical requirements;
- Collaborate with the design team to ensure the film aesthetics will be achievable or flag any issues early on;
- Develop rigs (birds, quadrupeds, bipeds, custom rigs, etc.) and new techniques to help increase the quality, while meeting production deadlines;
- Create rigs as well as corrective shapes and secondary rigs needed for the show(clothes, hair, fake dynamics);
- Work closely with the Riggings TDs to improve the tools and scripts to help rigging be more efficient;
- In conjunction with the Rigging Supervisor and the production Department Manager, take responsibility of mentoring, managing, developing, training, and evaluating the performance of the rigging team members.
We’d like to talk to you if you have:
- Minimum of 7 years experience in 3D Feature Film, with an emphasis on rigging and ideally some management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Great knowledge of body and or facial rigging techniques
- Excellent understanding of anatomy, motion and deformation
- Experience with rigging for a variety of different character types
- Excellent communication, teaching and leadership skills
- Excellent knowledge of Maya
- Deep knowledge of animation needs
- Ability to cope with the pressure of deadlines
- Good understanding of mathematics
- Strong knowledge of Python
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, cutting-edge, award-winning work.
We work as a collective, where excellence, expertise and expression are valued by all; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work to which we are proud to put our name.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If your application is not retained for this position, it will stay on file for future opportunities.APPLY