Cinesite Montreal is currently recruiting a seasoned Roto/Paint Artist to join our VFX team. They will be required to tackle complex Roto/Paint work, and communicate effectively with colleagues and the Department Supervisor alike. The ideal candidate should have experience working in Feature Film producing high-quality Roto/Paint work, and be highly motivated to take on new challenges.
- Paint out rigs and wires using Nuke and other relevant software
- Prepare plates for the Compositors by dust busting and scratch removal
- Undertake basic green and blue screen compositing
- Problem-solve and share new ideas with colleagues
- Assist and support peers with quality checking
- Tutor and train Junior Artists as required
We’d like to talk to you if you have:
- A knowledge of Nuke (essential)
- An understanding of composition and colour
- A strong eye for reviewing your own and other teammates’ work
- An organized, methodical, and thorough work ethic
- A proactive approach and the ability to work independently on your own initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and work as part of a team
- Ability to deliver on schedule
- Two years of previous experience in a Paint and Roto department is ideal
- An interest to develop your skills in Paint and Roto
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, world leading, award winning work.
We work as a collective, where everyone values excellence, expertise and expression; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work that we are all proud to put our name to.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly, if it is not retained for this position it will stay on file for future opportunities.APPLY