During these challenging times, we’re all in this together. While it isn’t business as usual, at Cinesite Vancouver, production for the weird and wonderful Addams Family sequel is well under way. As we create this amazing story, we want to start the audition process for the next kooky family members to join our team! We are looking for someone to join our Shot Finaling team in June as a Lead artist.
At Cinesite Vancouver, the shot finaling department is responsible for ensuring consistent work of the highest quality is delivered between departments. In Shot finaling we look for strong problem solvers with a sharp eye for details. As well as working collaboratively as a team, we work closely with the animation, CFX and lighting departments.
If this all sounds like a role for you, apply!
What you will be doing
- Train new hires on the pipeline and workflows
- Provide constructive and respectful feedback to artists
- Understand the strengths of the team members and assign work that is relevant in order to develop them as well as meeting the productions needs
- Update production on deadlines, scheduling and workflow issues as required
- Write technical documentation for others to use and refer to
- Investigate shots, assets and workflows to problem solve and prevent future issues
- Collaborate with other departments for optimization, solving issues and ensuring continuity
- Track, assign and manage shot deadlines with production as required
- React positively to changes in production
- Communicate technical and creative messages to all levels
What you bring to the team
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Efficient time management and strong understanding of resource management
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and collaboratively within the department and the rest of the studio
- Proficient in Maya
- In depth understanding of the 3D pipeline
- Solid understanding of the principles of animation
- General knowledge of modeling, shading, CFX and lighting
- Excellent eye for detail and continuity
- Foundational knowledge of Xgen and Arnold
- Proficient with using complex rigs
Cinesite Vancouver welcomes and encourages applications from people who require accommodations. Reasonable accommodations may be requested for reasons including but not limited to mental health, physical disability, religious practices, medical conditions. Please let us know if you need any accommodation.
P.S. Our studio/company is built on respect and inclusion – it is a safe place for all to come to work or work remotely 🙂 No jerks allowed!APPLY