Cinesite Vancouver Inc. is looking for a Lead Texture/Surfacing Artist to join the team on a new CGI animated theatrical feature film.
The Lead Texture/Surfacing Artist is responsible for delivering high quality assets in an efficient manner. They will identify and troubleshoot problems as needed and will ask for assistance when necessary to ensure effective use of time and resources. They will participate in all team meetings when necessary. Applicants will have excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work collaboratively with multiple tasks in a production.
- Create high quality UVs, textures and shaders for characters, environments and props
- Capable of creating stylized, procedural, and photorealistic textures in several specified styles
- Work within the defined pipeline
- Troubleshoots creative and technical issues as they arise
- Work closely with the modeling, lookdev and lighting departments
- Ensures that Surfacing files are complete and ready for lighting
- Works within a production schedule and follows strict deadlines
- Mentor and help train junior Surfacing Artists
- Participate in meetings and asset reviews
- 5+ years of experience in feature animation and/or visual effects production
- Strong artistic eye for detail with the ability to follow reference material and concept art
- Ability to unwrap UVs in an efficient and organized manner
- Ability to create high quality texture maps
- Understanding of shading concepts
- Background in visual arts desired
- Experience in Maya required
- Experience in Photoshop required
- Experience in shading and rendering with RenderMan and/or Arnold an asset
- Experience with Mari, UVLayout, Mudbox and/or Zbrush an asset
Please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If it is not retained for this position it will stay on file for future opportunities.