Cinesite Montreal is seeking a Lead Animator to oversee the work of our VFX Animation team while providing technical and artistic leadership. The ideal candidate should be extremely organized and motivated, with the desire to work within a fast-paced team of highly-skilled and experienced artists.
- Liaising on a regular basis with your supervisor regarding allocation of work on an assigned feature film.
- Working with the Producer/VFX Supervisor/2D Supervisor/CG Supervisor to ensure the show is completed to a high standard, on time and within budget.
- Supervising, directing and guiding the animation team to solve problems, establish and maintain the required standard of work.
- Finding creative solutions by drawing on your own talents and those of your team.
- Assisting in shot allocation/assignment.
- Leading Animation dailies as required.
- Assisting in assessment of advanced and new product training for existing staff.
- Providing performance feedback as required.
We’d like to talk to you if you have the following:
- Previous experience creating naturalistic creature and/or character animation and vehicle or other hardsurface motion.
- Excellent Maya animation skills.
- Demonstrated ability analyzing organic motion and a good understanding of realistic weight and timing.
- Solid drawing ability and/or traditional animation skills.
- Ability to work well within a team environment; taking direction as appropriate, as well as training and leading junior animators.
- Previous film industry experience (required).
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, cutting-edge, award-winning work.
We work as a collective, where excellence, expertise and expression are valued by all; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work to which we are proud to put our name.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If your application is not retained for this position, it will stay on file for future opportunities.APPLY